Irina Anyukhina is an ALRUD Law Firm partner heading Labour and Employment practice. Irina is a recommended expert on Labour law, advising international and Russian companies on international and cross-border workplace issues, reductions and restructurings, senior executives and expatriate issues. Irina operates at the interface of employment and corporate laws in cases involving mergers and acquisitions, implementation of incentive programmes, executive compensation and benefits, global and local employment policies and outsourcing. Besides, Irina leads the projects connected with Data Protection issues, Advertising and Marketing. Irina is often involved in cross-border and internal investigations of employees’ misconduct.
Irina Anyukhina joined ALRUD in 2002 and became partner in 2007. Clients praise Irina for her business-oriented approach, outstanding communication skills, thoughtfulness and ability to clearly enunciate the core of the matter.
Irina graduated from the Moscow State University of International Affairs with Ministry of International Affairs of Russia, Public international law division of International law department.
- Consulted one of the leading Japanese producers and distributors of beverages in terms of internal investigation devoted to misuse of financial assets by Chief Accountant, including collecting evidence, conducting interviews with workers, registration investigation results.
- Advised Microsoft on the labour aspects of structuring a deal on acquisition of Nokia department, and supported the implementation of the deal, including personnel and policies-related aspects of restructuring Russian subsidiaries. Represented the client’s interests in negotiations with personnel.
- Advised a leading transnational Internet services and products corporation on the issues of the employees’ personal data and on conducting trans-border and internal investigations.
- Advised one of the major international makers and producers of entertainment brands on customization of global policies and procedures for use in Russian subsidiaries, hiring and transferring top managers of Russian companies, developing structure of business relations between various business units of the group of companies.
- Represented interests of a major Belgium producer of goods for creating, processing and reproduction of images in the course of pre-trial and trial resolution of disputes with former employees regarding payment of severance payments and bonuses.
- Advised an international consumer electronics manufacturer on labour issues related to acquisition of consumer electronics manufacturing subdivisions of an Italian machine building group of companies, including on the issues of developing and implementation of a personnel restructuring plan.
Irina coordinates cooperation with Ius Laboris, the largest international alliance of Labour law professionals. She regularly speaks at international conferences, and is a member of International Bar Association (IBA) and American Bar Association (ABA).
She is an active member of the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA), a network of independent law firms, which provides a worldwide resource to individuals and corporations interested in answers to questions and solutions to problems involving the complex legal issues affecting advertisers and marketers.
Rankings and Awards
- Chambers Europe 2016 claims that Irina “is very focused on the issues and provides the precise advice needed”.
- “Irina Anyukhina would handle any questions for us” – states source in Chambers Europe 2016.
- Chambers Europe 2015 commends Irina Anyukhina for her business-oriented approach. "She is very responsive and will get you exactly what you need," state sources.
- According to Legal 500, 2015 Irina Anyukhina is "an excellent communicator: responsive and concise".
- Best Lawyers, 2015 recommends Irina Anyukhina for Labor and Employment Law, Real Estate Law.